Mobile shopping is set to be the next retail sales revolution. And as more and more users sign up to smart phones with internet capability, they want more functionality and online shopping is one of these activities.
Uootek is one of the first companies in Europe to develop a fully multi-lingual, multi-currency iPhone e-commerce app to take advantage of this trend in consumer behaviour.
All Uootek web based online shops have the option for iPhone user interface. This means if an iPhone user searches the internet and clicks on a web link to a uootek hosted online shop, the iPhone user will automatically be re-directed to the iPhone user interface. If the user then saves the shop home page as a favourite icon to the iPhone dashboard, then the online shop behaves just like an iPhone app.
It is also possible to create an iPhone app for the online store which can submitted to the iPhone app directory hosted on Apple iTunes. This allows users to browse iTunes for a link to the online store.
Since the Apple app store was launched on iTunes in July 2008, well over 3billion apps have been downloaded from the app store and the rate the download total is growing is truly exponential.
Uootek iPhone app features
• The uootek iPhone app is based on the uootek web version of the online shop using the same product database and admin tool kit for processing orders and managing customer accounts.
• Multi-lingual user interface and Multi-currency transactions for all European countries
• Customer can access all their existing orders and user details on both the web version and iPhone version.
• iPhone user automatically detected and user interface set for iPhone when accessing the web site.
• Customisable iPhone icon which is saved to iPhone desktop favourite.
• Works with iPhone and iTouch devices connected to the internet
• Uootek iPhone ecommerce app is sold as a SAAS ( software as a service ). You pay a fixed monthly fee for the service. So you never pay for updates, or system maintenance costs. You do not need to employ additional technical support staff to run the system.
iPhone iTouch iPad iTunes are all Apple Inc trademarks